Saturday 4 February 2012

COMPETITION: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (calling all Lizes...)



I've accidentally ended up with two signed copies of A MONSTER CALLS made out 'to Liz'. 


Now I have already detailed the problems I encounter when meeting authors here (including my embarrassing moment with Patrick Ness) so this should come as no surprise. 


Already the owner of a signed A MONSTER CALLS, when I went to the launch of the paperback I fully intended to get a signed copy to give away on the blog. Unfortunately I got overexcited at Patrick Ness asking what my name was and now both books are signed to me. 






So... CALLING ALL LIZES! 



If you would like to WIN the signed book, then just post a comment below or send me an email at lizbankes@gmail.com. 

If your name is already Liz then hurrah! But if you are willing to have it as a nickname then that is fine too. 

I would certainly recommend owning a copy of this book. It is a beautiful object, illustrated throughout with Jim Kay's haunting black and white drawings, and the story is utterly incredible and heartbreaking. I would warn whichever Liz that wins the book that they are in for a sob. 

The monster showed up after midnight. As they do.
But it isn't the monster that Conor's been expecting. He's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the one he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments, the one with the darkness and the wind and the screaming...
This monster is something different, though. Something ancient, something wild. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.
It wants the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment